I would be grateful if you could share details of the following:
1. Post-Doctoral Fellow, Te Taiwhenua o te Hauora | Geohealth Laboratory, Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury, Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand.
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Fixed-term position to June 2026
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on a range of policy-relevant research projects being undertaken by the Geohealth Laboratory in collaboration with the health sector e.g. Canterbury District Health Board and the Ministry of Health. The position will preferably start before the end of 2022.
2. Fully funded PhD scholarship available at Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury, Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand.The impacts of a low-emissions transport future on urban amenity access, equity, and wellbeing
This project will add to the knowledge base on achieving equitable amenity access while developing sustainable, inclusive and healthy cities. To achieve this we will employ Geographic and Health Science perspectives and methodologies to:
- Consult and engage with local communities, including iwi, to develop working definitions of places and activities that are valued as amenities.
- Work from these newly defined- and conventional amenities (e.g., food outlets and community gardens; green- and blue-space; gathering, arts and cultural spaces) to quantify the current state of equity in amenity access, beginning locally in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
- Assess the impact of a low carbon transport future on equity of accessibility to key amenities associated with wellbeing.
- Identify and evaluate barriers to and opportunities for interventions, exploring the co-benefits and role of improved access in supporting the SDGs of building sustainable, inclusive cities and transport systems that enhance health and wellbeing.
Applications will be assessed as they are received with a closing date of July 15th 2022.
To apply, send a copy of your academic transcript and application letter to Dr Lindsey Conrow (contact details below).
For more information contact:
· Dr Lindsey Conrow email@example.com
· or Prof Simon Kingham firstname.lastname@example.org
· or Dr Matt Hobbs email@example.com
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand