Adopted by world leaders in the year 2000 and set to be achieved by 2015, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) represent the most important promise ever made to the world’s most vulnerable people. Promoted by the MDG Advocacy Group, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) aimed to:
- Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger
- Achieve Universal Primary Education
- Promote Gender Equality and Empower Women
- Reduce Child Mortality
- Improve Maternal Health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other Diseases
- Ensure Environmental Sustainability; and
- Global Partnership for Development
Congratulations to Tim Freytag, Stefan Gössling & Samuel Mössner whose paper entitled, Living the green city: Freiburg's Solarsiedlung between narratives and practices of sustainable urban development was included in this list, and is currently free to download.
This was a paper published in Constance Carr's (UniLu) and Julia Affolderbach's (U Hull) (2014) Special Issue of Local Environment, entitled, "Rescaling Sustainability".
Thanks to Rob Krueger (WPI & UniLu) and Julian Agyeman (Tufts U) who made this possible.