The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education.
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Economic Geography
- Ref F3-050004
- The position is limited to 3 years, with the possibility of a 1-year extension, 40h/week
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in economic geography
- Assist the professor in his teaching activities, one to three hours per week
- Contribute to tutoring Master students
- Master in Economic Geography
- Experience in qualitative research methods (e.g. interview techniques, focus group discussions, document and discourse analysis) and in the use of related software tools (e.g. MaxQDA, AtlasTI)
- Research experience in economic geography
- Particular interest in sustainability-related innovations and transitions (e.g. alternative economies, degrowth)
- Excellent command of at least two of the following languages: English, French, and German.
- Working in an international team
- Innovative research endeavours
- An interdisciplinary doctoral school providing conceptual, methodological and transferable skills
Further InformationPlease upload your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas) by 30 June 2015 clicking here and following procedures.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer