The University of Luxembourg is looking within its Research Unit IPSE – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning for a
Research Associate (PostDoc) in Economic Geography (M/F)
- Ref : R-AGR-3168-10
- 3 year fixed-term contract
- Employee status
Your RoleThe PostDoc will coordinate and execute qualitative case study research in the framework of the CIRCULAR project funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (FNR). The project deals with the challenges for the implementation of Circular Economy policies by looking at entrepreneurial practices, institutional settings as well as intersections between corporate, public and civic actors. Case study regions are the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Gothenburg/Västra Götaland (Sweden). The PostDoc’s tasks include:
- Support the PI in the everyday coordination of the project
- Conceive and prepare empirical fieldwork
- Independently conduct field work in Sweden
- Co-supervise a PhD candidate associated with the project
- Edit, author or contribute to project related scientific publications
- Help disseminate project findings to a wider audience
Prof. Christian Schulz, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +352-466644-6327
- PhD degree in Economic Geography, Ecological Economics, Industrial Sociology or cognate disciplines
- Solid background in one of the following areas: Sustainable transition research, environmental management studies, circular economy, industrial ecology
- Experience in qualitative/interactive research approaches dealing with corporate and civil society actors
- Languages: Excellent working knowledge in English. Fluency in Swedish would be considered an advantage
We offerAn exciting multi-disciplinary and international research environment offering manifold opportunities for exchange with scholars from related areas.
Please send your motivation letter, CV and scanned diplomas ONLINE by
February 5, 2017.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.